I’ve always been fascinated by the power of color and its ability to affect our moods and productivity. I developed a particular expertise in making great color and related design choices. Friends and colleagues relied on me to solve color and design dilemmas for home and office décor and finishes. I would make recommendations for paint color; flooring; finishes such as cabinetry, countertops and tile; furniture; décor and art.
While great fun, at this point in my life, interior design was a part-time endeavor, working evenings and on weekends while also pursuing a corporate career in Human Resources. I received a BA in Economics from the University of Wisconsin and had a successful 36-year HR career managing people and strategic global operational growth. I retired as a VP of Human Resources and launched Lifestyle Color Consulting & Decorating in 2011—delighted to finally be able to pursue my passion on a full-time basis.
What I do
Help people create beautiful homes and offices that reflect their taste and feel like their personal sanctuaries. It’s always my goal to create soothing spaces that are inviting as well as functional. I handle projects of all sizes and budgets; ranging from a 1 hour paint color consultation up to and including full remodels.
Who are Lifestyle Color Consulting & Decorating clients?
Busy people whose home and office spaces are often an uncoordinated mix of color and design choices. We identify a budget, personal preferences, decide what to keep, what to discard and make carefully coordinated design selections.
Why work with Lifestyle Color Consulting & Decorating
- I provide a Designer look without the Designer prices
- I work on an hourly consulting basis only, am not tied to any particular product vendor and function as a true advocate for my clients; serving their interests only
- More than 42 years of experience helping people with their color, design and décor choices
- Excelled at Color Theory and Application while at UC Berkeley School of Interior Design. I now teach classes on this subject
- Regularly attend trade shows and seminars to stay on top of design trends
- I make selection of interior and exterior paint colors, room décor, finishes, exterior landscape and hardscape easy and fun by sharing my designer secrets with clients
- Design-in-a-Day makeover strategies that will help you fall in love with your home again
- Every solution is custom-tailored to your home or office: Color-focused interior design; paint color selection; customized color palettes; selection of furnishings, decorative accents, lighting, flooring, finishes such as cabinets, tile and countertops; personal shopping for a complete range of home and office décor and finishes; color workshops; personal or virtual consultations via phone, email and Zoom
If you’re ready to transform your home or office space, contact Lifestyle Color Consulting & Decorating to get started today: 415-613-3885.